Asphalt Paving Services
More than 2,600 years ago, the Babylonians were using asphalt as a paving material. In America, the first asphalt pavement was installed in 1870 in Newark, New Jersey. Today, asphalt covers about 95% of the paved roadways in the nation as well as a high percentage of parking lots, residential driveways, tennis courts, and airport runways.
Benefits of Asphalt Pavement
If asphalt pavement is installed correctly and receives proper maintenance, it can last for 20 years or more. Since asphalt is more economical to install and maintain than concrete, asphalt pavement is extremely cost-effective. It is also quite aesthetically pleasing. However, there are several other benefits to consider.
1. Every scrap of asphalt pavement is recyclable. By weight, it is the most recycled material in the United States. Recycling asphalt pavement to produce new asphalt mix is better for the environment.
2. Asphalt pavement is safe. It has excellent drainage properties, absorbs more sunlight to help melt snow and ice faster, and offers superior skid resistance. Furthermore, the dark color of asphalt pavement can help reduce sun glare, allowing drivers to see better and more comfortably on bright days.
3. Contractors can typically complete a repair or maintenance procedure on asphalt pavement much quicker than on concrete pavement. Whether the pavement is a parking lot, a city street, or a busy highway, the longer it must be closed, the greater the disruption to traffic will be.
4. Asphalt cures faster than concrete. A new asphalt parking lot, for example, can often go from site clearing to opening in a matter of two or three days.
5. Asphalt pavement can be milled and resurfaced, essentially returning the pavement to a status virtually indistinguishable from a new one. Manhole covers, curb reveals, gutters, and storm drains can be kept at their proper levels without the expense of removing and reinstalling an old pavement.
6. Asphalt provides a driving surface that is smooth and quiet. There will not be the jarring bump of tires passing over expansion joints or the road noise commonly encountered on concrete pavements.
Common Asphalt Paving Services We Proudly Provide:
- Commercial asphalt paving & repaving
- Parking lot asphalt paving & repaving
- Roadway asphalt paving & repaving
- Ashalt milling and repaving
- Strip mall parking lot asphalt paving
- Airport asphalt milling, paving & repaving
+ much more
FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW TO RECEIVE A QUICK QUOTE OR CALLBACK